Monday, October 5, 2009

Books books books! Time time time!

Once again a list of ideas!!
1. Continue with the bumper stickers-- If i made each page of a book its own image of a bumper sticker on the car it would be viewed differently then if it was on the wall and would therfore not have to be as big because books are usually viewed from closer up. I would make the format something smaller like 4x4 or 5x5. They would be viewed individually so each statement would get consideration but they would still be viewed as a series because of the book format.

2. Book comparing cultures-- Inspired by a book i have comparing New York and Frankfurt... I like the format it uses, here is a picture of the cover!



I would replace the cities with two cultures that I have images from I could chose between, China, Egypt, Africa, or Argentina vs. the US or Germany

3. I could also use a similar format to compare the changes or lack of changes there are in one culture through out time... I have images from my trip to Egypt this summer and also went through a few of my grandfathers dias he took in 1983 and 1990.
--The main question here is how to get the dias into digital form and still keeping most of the quality.

4. Museum collection-- Inspired by the moma collection book I have
--because of my obsession with cultures I have started a collection of what seem like random things that all are from different parts of the world i could photograph these and present them as museum pieces, which i guess they kind of could be the anja museum of culture hehe! I think i would use a simple format like the one in the moma book because the objects are the important thing and then put a short desription to to some of them. This is what the moma book looks like:



5. Every trip i go on i take a daily journal so I can make my travel journal into a presentable book, i could use China, Egypt, or the Kilimanjaro trip (Tanzania, Africa)


Right now I think I am leaning towards idea 2, 3, or 4.....I really cant decide and feel like doing them all.....time is a serious problem!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know you have some pretty amazing shots from the many places you've been, I definately support the use of these, or the many things you have collected, but I also am much better at giving feedback in person!
    The travel Journal could be pretty sweet, mayhaps a melding of ideas 4 and 5? Even add in idea 3 as maybe footnotes of side comments since I'm sure you have a few of these comments built into your journals with the way that you think :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book documenting a bunch of collections could turn out pretty interesting. Be sure to feature your shrunken head collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 3rd idea. Pictures are worth a thousand words. You could explain the pictures and things people might not see without being there or knowing about the place.

    ReplyDelete