Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Portfolio

These are all the final projects from this class.

1. In class sculpture project, "have you seen this person"



Just as a reminder of my thought process I put in my explanation for this project. My final piece for Project 1 turned out to be a comment on the objects made in the sculpture. I was interested in the fact that most of the choices made are very culture typical. It makes me wonder what the sculpture would look like if it was made by a completely different culture. Maybe not necessarily by a culture outside of the US (even though that of course would be interesting to see) but what about a different generation. Is that a different culture? Or do they just see it differently. I think it is interesting that the objects/foods that were chosen could potentially define someone in that culture, it sounds bland but the typical american hot dog, cookie, corn, apple, car (and even a donut which was not in my final piece) are things that to me come to mind when thinking of US culture. I hope this makes some kind of sense.

2. Text, "Bumper-stickers"



Well I was thinking about making bumper sticker statements! Another idea that I have played around with is IGNORANCE. I have done another piece about it in the past and decided to think about it again! This is how the questions were inspired.

3. Wallpaper



4. Book, "Then-Now, Now-Then"



The inspiration for this book can best be explained by the first page of the book, it talks about how much really changes overtime and if that means our perception of cultures do not change either. The book compares parts of Egypt from when I went this summer to when my Grandfather went many years ago.


5. Layers, "Flying by"



The layers project went through many phases, I decided to settle on a something new for me, an animated GIF file. I wanted to experiment with the type of file and see if it would work. My intensions were to show many different women and their identity flying by. I think that as time goes by and cultures mesh and people become more "normal" our identities are fading and essentially flying back to were you have to look very closely and carefully to see them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment